Wastewater quality and process concepts
Milk-processing businesses includes dairies, milk farms, milk factories and milk industry firms as well as cheese dairies and drying facilities. The main areas in which wastewater is produced include the pretreatment, the actual production, the cleaning if pipes, tanks and basins, plant surfaces and parts of the operational buildings as well as in-housewater treatment. The quantity and degree of loading of the wastewater produced depends decisively on the product type and production quantity, the processing equipment within the production and in-house work assignments and specifications.
The wastewater of milk-processing businesses mainly contains protein, lactose, milk fat, cleaning products and disinfectants. Wastewater from this industrial sector is readily biologically degradable. Apart from the high organic load it has several production-specific particularities, which are decisive for targeted wastewater treatment.
The following process steps are used generally for direct discharge of wastewater from the milk-processing industry:
- Mechanical wastewater pretreatment
- Grease separation/flotation
- Storage and homogenisation
- Biological treatment
- Anaerobic wastewater treatment
- Aerobic wastewater treatment (SBR/MBR plants)
- MAP precipitation
- Sludge treatment and energy generation from biogas
- Exhaust air treatment
- Automation (EI&C technology, process and remote monitoring, etc.)
We offer turnkey, integrated solutions and individual concepts for water and wastewater treatment in the milk-processing industry.
The optimum process technology is selected, taking into consideration the operational requirements, the need to minimise disposal quantities and energy consumption and/or to generate energy. This technology can be used for the respective wastewater composition and results in the required discharge limits.
We unite all technical know-how required to implement technical industrial water treatment tasks. From individual consulting, development, to production, installation, commissioning, through to maintenance/service and optimisation, we work with strong partners.
Range of products:
- Mixing and equalising reservoirs/neutralisation
- Grease separators/flotation plants
- Anaerobic pretreatment of highly loaded partial flows
- Energy generation from biogas
- Aerobic biological watewater treatment (incl. nitrification and denitrification, bio phosphor) with SBR process
- MAP precipitation plant
- Chemical phosphor precipitation
- Flocculation filtration
- Chemical dosing and storage
- Sludge treatment
- Sludge dewatering
- Sludge thickening
- Sludge drying