Wastewater quality and process concepts
Milk-processing businesses include dairies, milk farms, milk factories and milk industry firms as well as cheese dairies and drying facilities. The main areas inwhichwastewater is produced include the pretreatment, the actual production, the cleaning if pipes, tanks and basins, plant surfaces and parts of the operational buildings as well as in-housewater treatment. The quantity and degree of loading of the wastewater produced depends decisively on the product type and production quantity, the processing equipment within the production and in-house work assignments and specifications.
The wastewater of milk-processing businesses mainly contains protein, lactose, milk fat, cleaning products and disinfectants. Wastewater from this industrial sector is readily biologically degradable. Apart fromthe high organic load it has several production-specific particularities, which are decisive for targetedwastewater treatment.
The following process steps are used generally for direct dischargeofwastewater fromthemilk-processing industry:
- Mechanicalwastewater pretreatment
- Grease separation/flotation
- Storage and homogenisation
- Biological treatment
- Anaerobic wastewater treatment
- Aerobic wastewater treatment (SBR/MBR plants)
- MAP precipitation
- Sludge treatment and energy generation from biogas
- Waste air treatment
- Automation (E-I&C technology, process and remote monitoring, etc.)
We offer turnkey, integrated solutions and individual concepts forwater andwastewater treatment in the milk-processing industry.
The optimum process technology is selected, taking into consideration the operational requirements, the need to minimise disposal quantities and energy consumption and/or to generate energy. This technology can be used for the respective wastewater composition and results in the required discharge limits.
We unite all technical know-how required to implement technical industrial water treatment tasks. From individual advice, development, to production, installation, commissioning, through to maintenance/service and optimisation, we work with strong partners.
Range of products:
- Mixing and balancing tanks/neutralisation
- Grease separators/flotation plants
- Anaerobic pretreatment of highly loaded partial flows
- Energy generation from biogas
- Aerobic biological treatment (incl. nitrification and denitrification, bio P) with SBR process
- MAP precipitation plant
- Chemical P precipitation
- Flocculation filtration
- Chemical metering and storage
- Sludge treatment
- Sludge dehydration
- Sludge thickening
- Sludge drying