Wastewater quality and process concepts
Slaughter and meat-processing businesses mainly produce production wastewater, cooling water and sanitary wastewater from various areas of origin. Cost and energyintensive treatment is required due to their high pollutant load (COD, BOD5, greases, protein and solids). The wastewater load is increased still further by the use of cleaning products and disinfectants.
Wastewater treatment requirements vary depending on the size of the business and thewastewater quantity. In the normal case the pretreated production wastewater from slaughter and meat-processing businesses is fed to a local municipal, mechanical-biological waste treatment plant. The organic substances in the above-named wastewater are readily biologically degradable and can therefore be treated successfully together with householdwastewater.
In-house pretreatment of the production wastewater with subsequent direct discharge into a receiving water is only recommended in justified exceptional cases. The discharge conditions to be expected in this case in Germany are defined by the minimum requirements in accordance with the wastewater regulations (Abwasserverordnung – AbwV) Annex 10 for the direct discharge ofwastewater frommeat industry businesses.
The following process steps are used generally – depending on the size of the operation – for the treatment of wastewater from the meat-processing industry:
- Mechanicalwastewater pretreatment
- Grease separation/flotation
- Storage and homogenisation
- Biological treatment
- Anaerobic wastewater treatment
- Aerobic wastewater treatment (SBR/MBR plants)
- Sludge treatment and energy generation from biogas
- Waste air treatment
- Automation (E-I&C technology, process and remote monitoring, etc.)
We offer turnkey, integrated solutions and individual concepts forwater andwastewater treatment in themeat-processing industry.
The optimum process technology is selected, taking into consideration the operational requirements, the need to minimise disposal quantities and energy consumption and/or to generate energy. This technology can be used for the respective wastewater composition and results in the required discharge limits.
We unites all technical know-how required to implement technical industrial water treatment tasks.
Range of products
- Filter screens
- Mixing and balancing tanks (with aeration)
- Grease separators/flotation plants with/without chemical stage
- Anaerobic pretreatment of highly loaded partial flows
- Energy generation from biogas
- Aerobic biological treatment (incl. nitrification and denitrification)
- Chemical P precipitation
- Flocculation filtration
- Chemical metering and storage
- Sludge treatment
- Sludge dehydration
- Sludge thickening
- Sludge drying