Coupling of ABB systems to higher-level process control systems and other automation systems
operational area | usage
- Westerland wastewater treatment plant
- Radeberg organic recycling company
- Fehrow and Burg water purification plants
- Potsdam stormwater overflow tank
ABB offers programmable logic controls of different performance levels. These can be extended by adding modules and thus adapted to requirements. For example, the firm Matrikon provides the “Universal connectivity server” for the OPC couplings (Classic and UA).
It handles Modbus and numerous other protocols and thus enables flexible coupling to control systems.
- Ethernet/wireless LAN
- Two-wire bus system
- Serial connection
- Profibus DP/CS31/Modbus-RTU
- OPC Classic/OPC UA
- Platform independent as far as communication partners are concerned
- Standardised protocols
Managing Director wks Automation GmbH